Wilder "not sure what happened" as he breaks silence on brutal Tyson Fury KO

Deontay Wilder said he was "not sure what happened" as he spoke out following his brutal knockout by Tyson Fury.

The Bronze Bomber admitted he got 'roughed up' by Fury despite flooring The Gypsy King twice in an epic heavyweight clash in Las Vegas.

Fury also knocked Wilder down twice before retaining his WBC and Ring Magazine world titles with an 11th-round KO.

And the American said afterwards: "I did my best, but it wasn’t good enough tonight.

"I’m not sure what happened. I know that in training he did certain things, and I also knew that he didn’t come in at 277 pounds to be a ballet dancer.

"He came to lean on me, try to rough me up and he succeeded."

Wilder was taken to the University Medical Center as a precaution after his second professional defeat, having also lost to Fury in their second fight in 2020.

Their first bout in 2018 resulted in a controversial split decision, which Fury referenced as he said he tried to make amends with his rival following their trilogy fight.

"I beat him three times and I’m a sportsman and wanted to give him some love and respect," Fury said.

What's next for Deontay Wilder? Have your say in the comments section

"And he didn’t want to give it back. That's his problem and I pray for him.

"This was a great fight and October 9, 2021 will go down in history, I hope.

"I always said I was the best in the world and he was the second best. Don’t ever doubt me. When the chips are down, I will always deliver."

Wilder went down in the third before turning the tables in a dramatic fourth at the T-Mobile Arena.

Don't miss a thing with our football updates!

Want to be on the ball with all of the latest football news?

Well then sign up for the brilliant Daily Star football email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox – don't miss a thing.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

A swift right hand buckled Fury's knees and sent him crashing to the deck, before another attack from the American dropped him for a second time.

Yet, just as it seemed momentum was beginning to shift Fury regained control from the fifth onwards – and he never looked back.

A brave and resilient Wilder was battered from pillar to post over the next seven rounds, somehow managing to last up until the 11th, when Fury closed the show with a stunning knockout.

Source: Read Full Article