Selections based on a good track.
Race 1 – 1:55pm: LAKE VILLAGE BUTCHERY COUNTRY BOOSTED MAIDEN (1065 METRES)
5. Laurel Hill has the form on the board with placings in all three starts and coming back slightly in trip from her second here last time might be the key. Led there and run down late, she’ll give a good sight in this.
There are seven-races planned for Wagga on Monday.Credit:Jenny Evans
Dangers: 3. Last Ditch Effort from the Mitch Beer yard is on debut after one trial which resulted in an easy four-length win over 1000m here on November 21. Ran handy time and commands some respect. Stablemate 2. Apollo Mission has had the benefit of two trials though did run slower time in winning at the same trial session. He did come from well off the pace to win it so still some merit and could easily figure. 11. Nymagee has placed in just one of eight so far but there has been improvement of late including a handy fourth over this course a couple of weeks back. Draws soft and has each-way claims.
How to play it: Laurel Hill WIN. Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 2 – 2:30pm: CRICHTON CUP BM66 – HEAT OF WAGGA STAYERS SERIES (1800 METRES)
4. Tullaghan seemed to appreciate being ridden off the speed here last start as he wound up strongly to win nicely as a well-supported favourite. Up a notch in class but expect he’ll be strong at the finish again.
Dangers: 6. Old Gregg finished in front of Tullaghan when they met five days before his stablemate’s win and does meet him better at the weights. He’s drawn well and no reason why he won’t be competitive. 1. Race Against Time is having his first start for Ron Stubbs (ex-McEvoy) and was a beaten favourite at Wodonga just over a week ago. Has won a couple of BM58s in Victoria and bears close watching here. 3. Autissiodorum is tricky to line up though will find this easier than when midfield at Sandown behind a horse who won at Rosehill on Saturday. Check betting for a pointer.
How to play it: Tullaghan E/W. Odds & Evens: EVENS.
Race 3 – 3:05pm: WDF ACCOUNTING + ADVISORY TED RYDER PRELUDE (1675 METRES)
3. Upper House should be forgiven for his Queanbeyan Cup unplaced effort, he made a long run after being wide near the tail and was entitled to knock up. Ran well in the Little Dance before that and looks well suited in this field.
Dangers: 5. Island Bay Boy finished about 1.5 lengths ahead of Upper House in that race with a less torrid run. He was 1400m to 2000m so better off back to the mile here. Good chance. 1. Banger was never a factor in the Wodonga Cup but did run well in the Snake Gully Cup before that. Down in class and drawn well in a small field. Has to be included. 2. Tullys Gold raced on speed under a big weight at Wodonga in a BM58. Capable on his day and has a case.
How to play it: Upper House WIN; Trifecta 3/1,2,5/1,2,5. Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Race 4 – 3:40pm: WAGGA WAGGA MARKETPLACE CLASS 1 HANDICAP (1675 METRES)
2. Neidr Dawn hit the lead before the turn and was game in running second at Canberra just over a week ago. Was a drifter in betting there which is interesting but only has to hold his form to be in the finish here.
Dangers: 5. Flying Gem went down in a close finish over 1800m here last time and drops 2kg. That was her best effort this prep, and now she’s found form she should pose a threat. 8. Bubbler has only won one from 30 but is often in the placings as was the case when beaten under half a length over this course last start in a BM58. Back to a Class 1 and drawn the inside he gets another chance. 3. Spiritly was an upset winner at Sapphire Coast two runs back before backing it up with a close second at Queanbeyan over the same trip. Racing well and is one of the contenders.
How to play it: Neidr Dawn WIN; Trifecta 2/3,5,8/3,5,8. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 5 – 4:20pm: CRESTIA BY ANDERSENS COUNTRY BOOSTED CLASS 2 (1200 METRES)
2. Deepmind might have bumped into a smart one when chasing Mogo Magic home here a couple of weeks ago. Stuck on well and will be fitter for the run after a decent break. Winner second-up over this course in first prep and could repeat.
Dangers: 1. Greek Tycoon enjoyed a good run and swept away with a Class 1 at Gundagai when resuming and looks the logical danger. 8. Kinross had some support at odds and led all the way for a game win over 1065m here last time out. Is a winner at this trip and could give a big sight. 6. Our Baez hasn’t raced since May where she ran a couple of even races to finish midfield. Tends to go well fresh and is one to keep an eye on.
How to play it: Deepmind WIN; Trifecta 2/1,6,8/1,6,8; Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 6 – 5:00pm: JRC ELECTRICAL SERVICES OPEN HANDICAP (1200 METRES)
3. Smuggler’s Bay has to run the 1200m out but he’s in handy form after sitting wide to win at the feature sprint Queanbeyan last time out. Has the draw to get the right run and if he’s going to see out the trip this is his big chance.
Dangers: 8. Flying Sultan led all the way to score first-up at Goulburn then not disgraced at Hawkesbury up to 1300m in a race that has produced a Midway winner from the placings. Sure to run well. 4. Blitzar gets the blinkers back on after a fair third in a four-horse field at Canberra just over a week back. Was a month between runs there so strips fitter and worth including. 5. Tsunami Sam won well on a heavy track here before running on into third at Gundagai in a 1000m sprint over the carnival. Also has to tick the 1200m box but in the right form.
How to play it: Smuggler’s Bay WIN. Odds & Evens: SPLIT.
Race 7 – 5:40pm: ELDERS INSURANCE WAGGA MAIDEN PLATE (1200 METRES)
5. October Revolution charged at the line late when a close second over the 1065m here at his second start. Back up in trip and blinkers go on, drawn handily, he should be hard to beat.
Dangers: 9. Danceenuff led them up on debut at Gundagai and gave a good sight when run down late finishing second. Has the wide gate but will show speed and well worth respecting. 1. Sky Warrior drifted back and found the line well into third over this course first-up since June. Will be fitter for that and stays under notice. 4. Juke Box Jimmy is on debut for Tash Burleigh and he’s a big market watch. Trialled at Warwick Farm a month ago and any support would be worth noting.
How to play it: October Revolution E/W. Odds & Evens: ODDS.
Full form and race replays available at racingnsw.com.au.
News, results and expert analysis from the weekend of sport sent every Monday. Sign up for our Sport newsletter
Most Viewed in Sport
From our partners
Source: Read Full Article