The Pro Football Hall of Fame revealed 26 modern-era semifinalists for the Class of 2022 on Wednesday.
The group of semifinalists is highlighted by seven first-year eligible players: wide receivers Anquan Boldin, Andre Johnson and Steve Smith; wide receiver/kick returner Devin Hester; defensive linemen Robert Mathis and Vince Wilfork; and outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware.
Fifteen finalists will be revealed in January. In addition to the modern-era finalists will be senior finalist Cliff Branch, contributor finalist Art McNally and coach finalist Dick Vermeil.
The Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2022 will be inducted during NFL Honors, which airs live Thursday, Feb. 10 at 9 p.m. ET on ABC.
Complete list of semifinalists for Pro Football Hall of Fame’s Class of 2022
- Cornerback Eric Allen
- Defensive end Jared Allen
- Offensive tackle Willie Anderson
- Cornerback/safety Ronde Barber
- Wide receiver Anquan Boldin
- Offensive tackle Tony Boselli
- Safety LeRoy Butler
- Running back Eddie George
- Wide receiver/kick returner Devin Hester
- Wide receiver Torry Holt
- Wide receiver Andre Johnson
- Defensive end Robert Mathis
- Linebacker Sam Mills
- Defensive tackle Richard Seymour
- Wide receiver Steve Smith
- Wide receiver/special teams Steve Tasker
- Running back Fred Taylor
- Linebacker Zach Thomas
- Wide receiver Hines Ward
- Linebacker DeMarcus Ware
- Running back Ricky Watters
- Wide receiver Reggie Wayne
- Defensive tackle Vince Wilfork
- Linebacker Patrick Willis
- Safety Darren Woodson
- Defensive tackle Bryant Young
Source: Read Full Article