Chelsea kick off their Premier League season on Monday evening as they make the trip down to the south coast to face Brighton.
It’s an exciting time for the Blues, following an impressive and very busy transfer window so far – with Frank Lampard's side having signed Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Malang Sarr, Thiago Silva, Ben Chilwell and Kai Havertz.
However, it appears Lampard is not quite done with his transfer business as he looks to build on Chelsea's fourth-place finish last season.
Here is the latest round-up of potential moves to and
from Stamford Bridge.
Blues target left out of squad
Chelsea target Edouard Mendy has been left out of the Rennes squad.
The Rennes goalkeeper will not be travelling with his teammates to face Nimes on Sunday, according to a report from Metro.
Reports have claimed Mendy has agreed on a move to Stamford Bridge and is on the verge of joining the Blues.
Lampard was clearly not happy with the form of Kepa Arrizabalaga last season, and Chelsea have been linked with another shot-stopper all summer long.
Giroud wants Blues stay amid Juve interest
Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud is determined to stay at Stamford Bridge and fight for his place despite reported interest from Juventus, according to the Independent.
Following the arrival of German forward Timo Werner this summer, Giroud’s place in the Blues squad may well be as a back-up striker now.
Juventus have expressed an interest in the France striker in recent days, the report says, but Giroud wants to stay at the Premier League club.
The 33-year-old could have left Chelsea in the summer, but chose to stay and fight for his place – something he did very well towards the latter stages of the campaign.
Havertz held Liverpool talks
Chelsea star Kai Havertz initially held talks with Premier League champions Liverpool before making the switch to London, according to Bild journalist Christian Falk.
The German attacker completed a big-money move to the Bridge recently, but it was the Reds who first contacted Havertz over a potential transfer.
Falk said to Empire of the Kop: “As for Havertz, it was never really concrete between him and Liverpool, although the Reds had also shown interest to his advisors.
“At the time, Havertz had FC Barcelona and Real Madrid in mind. Corona also forced these two big clubs to save. Chelsea FC had the necessary sporting arguments and the money.”
Berbatov slams 'ridiculous' Havertz fee
Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!
Sign up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!
From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.
Put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.
Former Bayer Leverkusen striker Dimitar Berbatov has slammed Chelsea for paying £72m for German attacker Kai Havertz.
The 21-year-old earned his move to the Blues following a fantastic season in the Bundesliga for Bayer Leverkusen.
But former Manchester United striker Berbatov slammed the fee paid for the attacking midfielder.
“It’s ridiculous, it’s too much money," said Berbatov, speaking to Betfair, via the Daily Star.
"Havertz is a great talent, and I have said that in the
past. I am a big fan of his and with my Leverkusen connection, I was keeping a keen eye on him every week – but still the money that they have paid is crazy."
Source: Read Full Article