Ahead of the release of FIFA 21, EA have today confirmed that the EA SPORTS Football Catalogue (EASFC) has been removed from the new game.
The EA SPORTS Football Catalogue will be very familiar with FIFA players, particularly players who have played various older titles within EA's FIFA gaming franchise, with this section of the game allowing players to obtain football boots, balls, teams, kits, coin boosts, takeovers and much more.
FIFA players were previously able to 'purchase' these items using Football Club Credits (FCC), which were earned by playing the game in various modes, which players could then redeem for items in the EAFCC.
But now EA have confirmed that the EASFC has been removed from FIFA 21, with no confirmation yet as to whether it will return for future FIFA titles, but it looks doubtful.
Some of the items that were traditionally available through the EA SPORTS Football Catalogue have been redistrubuted to other areas of the game, while others have been removed completely for FIFA 21.
Here is everything we know so far about the EASFC being removed, as per the official EA SPORTS FIFA website.
Click here to subscribe to Level up! The Esports and Gaming Show on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts and Spreaker.
FIFA 21: EA SPORTS Football Catalogue (EASFC) removed
This is what EA SPORTS had to say about the removal of the EASFC.
The EA SPORTS Football Catalogue is a feature available in some older FIFA titles, and it is no longer available as of FIFA 21. Most of the items that were traditionally redeemable from the Catalogue have been redistributed to other areas of the game in FIFA 21 in order to make them more easily accessible.
You can still increase your EASFC level, earn Football Club Credits (FCC), and redeem items in previous FIFA versions that have this feature.
Here is where players will be able to find items that were previously available via the EASFC.
- Boots and balls – available by default when released through Title Updates and activated by Server Release updates.
- MLS All-Star Team/Adidas All-Star Team and Kits – available to everyone in Kick Off.
- Online Seasons Win/Draw/Extra Match – available in the Online Seasons Menu, and can be redeemed once per Season with no total limit.
- Financial Takeover – is a setup option when creating a new Career Mode save.
- Career Mode Rematch – is part of the Manager Career Mode end of match experience as an option.
- Scout Future Star – the item is no longer available but each Manager Career Mode save will feature a populated Youth Academy from the start.
Here are items that have been completely removed from FIFA 21, after previously being available on EASFC.
Other previously available Catalogue items, including the Manager/Player Career Focused Training, Co-Op Seasons Win/Draw/Extra Match, and International Manager Offer are not in FIFA 21.
Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip
FIFA 21 has an official UK and worldwide release date of October 9, 2020, but some editions will allow you to play FIFA 21 slightly earlier than this. If you pre-order the FIFA 21 Ultimate Edition or Champions Edition on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC you’ll be able to play from October 6, 2020.
Source: Read Full Article