Luis Suarez ‘tests positive for Covid-19 AGAIN’ meaning Atletico Madrid striker WILL miss reunion with Barcelona this weekend
- Luis Suarez has reportedly returned yet another positive coronavirus test
- He is set to miss a reunion against his former side Barcelona this weekend
- Suarez had been self-isolating since he tested positive for Covid-19 on Monday
Luis Suarez will miss out on a reunion with his former club Barcelona after returning another positive coronavirus test while on international duty, according to reports from Spain.
The Uruguay international had been self-isolating since he tested positive for Covid-19 on November 16 and had hoped to return to action against his former team-mates on Saturday.
But Suarez will be forced to miss Atletico Madrid’s LaLiga clash after failing to return a positive test and will quarantine until he is able to do so, as reported by Sport.
Luis Suarez has reportedly tested positive for coronavirus again while away with Uruguay
The news will come as a blow to not only Atleti, but to the striker himself. Suarez had a lot to prove against his old club – who forced him out the door.
Suarez was told over the phone by Ronald Koeman that he would not be in his plans at Barcelona and was cast out by the new manager.
An exit from the Nou Camp proved emotional one as Suarez admitted he ‘spent days crying’ when he was told to find a new club.
He hoped to return to action against Lionel Messi and Co at the Wanda Metropolitano
Suarez was told over the phone by Ronald Koeman that he would not be in his plans at Barca
However, he has proved his worth under Diego Simeone – scoring five goals in his opening six appearances for the team in LaLiga side.
The veteran striker had hoped to add to his tally during their clash at the Wanda Metropolitano on Saturday, but that will no longer be the case.
Goalkeeper Rodrigo Munoz and a member of staff were among those who tested positive alongside Suarez on Monday.
However, he has proved his worth under Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone
He has scored five goals in his opening six appearances for the team in LaLiga side
A statement did, however, confirm that all remaining squad members had tested negative ahead of Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier at home to Brazil.
‘The Uruguayan football association reports that swab tests have been performed on all members of the National Team, and the players Luis Suarez and Rodrigo Munoz and team official Matias Faral have tested positive for COVID-19, while the other members of the party have tested negative,’ the the Uruguayan FA said on social media.
‘The three are all in good health and the pertinent measures have been implemented.’
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article