Napoli set Kalidou Koulibaly transfer deadline to force Man Utd or Man City call

Napoli have set a strict deadline for club’s who are interested in signing Kalidou Koulibaly, which means Manchester United and Manchester City will have to act fast to land the defender.

Koulibaly has been on the radar of several clubs for years, including United and City, but Napoli have always turned down any approach for the Senegal international.

Club president Aurelio De Laurentiis confirmed that he could be sold this summer though, in order to raise some cash.

Napoli’s asking price for Koulibaly is understood to be just under £70m, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

And further reports in Italy from Football Italia claim that unless a deal is done by this weekend, Napoli will scrap any discussions.

The Serie A season starts on Sunday, and the club are keen to get their business done as soon as possible so manager Gennaro Gattuso knows the squad he is working with.

Gattuso admitted that there was a firm stance on Koulibaly from the club.

He told Sky Sport Italia: "Koulibaly has a precise asking price, and if the club doesn't get the money it is asking for, then he won't leave."

Meanwhile, last month De Laurentiis confirmed that Koulibaly and Polish striker Arkadiusz Milik would be available for the right offer this summer.

He told Canale 21: “Koulibaly and [Arkadiusz] Milik are both on their way out, transfer market permitting.

"So, if the transfer market allows us to sell these two excellent players, we will know how to replace them. If not, then we’ll discuss it again next year."

Get the latest transfer news straight into your inbox!

Want to be on the ball with Jadon Sancho to Manchester United updates? Or perhaps you're a Chelsea fan wondering who on earth could join next?

Well then sign up for the brilliant new Daily Star Sport email newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

How do you sign up?

It only takes a matter of seconds.

Simply type your email address into the box at the top of this article and hit 'subscribe'.

And that's it, job done. You'll receive an email with all of the top news stories every single morning.

You can find out more information on our email newsletter on this link here.

De Laurentiis admitted that it was unlikely he would join City though due to previous negotiations involving Jorginho, who joined Chelsea instead of the Sky Blues despite being close to securing a deal with Pep Guardiola’s side.

"How can we have a normal and calm negotiation with Manchester City to sell Koulibaly?" the Napoli chief said.

"They won’t talk directly with us because of the Jorginho deal two years ago."

Source: Read Full Article