Newcastle legend Alan Shearer discusses the club takeover
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Newcastle are set to battle Manchester United and Liverpool for highly-rated duo Declan Rice and Jude Bellingham, according to reports. The Magpies have become linked with several stars following their £305million Saudi-led takeover, which was completed last Thursday.
Newcastle are now said to be the richest club in world football and they will capitalise on that in the coming transfer windows.
According to Eurosport, Newcastle will look to be involved in the conversations that happen around both England midfielders when they are ready to leave their respective clubs.
Bellingham enjoyed an impressive first season in Germany, which saw him appear 46 times for Borussia Dortmund and score four goals following his £25m move from Birmingham City last summer.
The 19-year-old has continued his fine run of form in the current campaign, where he has been a key figure in Marco Rose’s side.
JUST IN: Real Madrid believe they have ‘next Erling Haaland’ who is son of former Barcelona star
Bellingham performances have attracted interest from the Premier League’s biggest clubs, and now Newcastle are reportedly the latest to enter the fray.
The Sun reported last month that United are leading the race to sign the teenager, but the latest interest could force Bellingham to reconsider his options.
Bellingham met legendary United boss Sir Alex Ferguson at United’s training ground last summer, where he was given a tour, but the midfielder snubbed a move to Old Trafford in favour of one to Germany.
“To be fair, it was a decision that was quite easy in the end,” Bellingham said on snubbing United.
Newcastle’s new owners set to hold Frank Lampard talks ‘this week’
Chelsea keeper Edouard Mendy’s Ballon d’Or snub leaves Kalidou Koulibaly furious
Newcastle instructed to sign four players who will get them ‘up the table’
“I think if you look at Dortmund’s track record with young players and the way they develop them, it was the obvious answer.
“Obviously at the time it’s hard to see it like that because you’ve got so many other options.
“But my strength of character, I’d probably say it comes from my parents and stuff.
Follow our new Daily Express Sport Instagram page here
“In terms of the decision I made, I had all their support throughout the whole way so I was quite comfortable in making it.”
Meanwhile, 22-year-old Rice was linked with a move to United throughout the summer transfer window, but any move failed to materialise after West Ham slapped a £100m price tag on the England star.
Rice starred for England at Euro 2020 in the summer and has followed that up with his performances for the Hammers in the current campaign.
The pair have both recently been away on international duty, where Rice started in Tuesday’s 1-1 draw with Hungary, while the defensive midfielder was rested for last weekend’s 5-0 win over Andorra.
Source: Read Full Article