PSG ‘have identified Bernardo Silva as their priority signing to replace Lionel Messi’ this summer after impressive season at Man City… with the Argentine superstar expected to leave the club on a free transfer
- Silva, 28, joined Premier League champions Man City back in 2017 from Monaco
- The City midfielder was heavily linked with a switch to Barcelona last summer
- PSG are also said to be interested Spurs striker Harry Kane and Victor Osimhen
Paris Saint-Germain have reportedly identified Manchester City midfielder Bernardo Silva as their priority signing to replace Lionel Messi this summer.
Even though Messi has the option of an extra year at PSG, he is expected to leave on a free transfer after just two seasons with the French champions.
Silva, 28, who joined Premier League champions City back in 2017 from Monaco, was heavily linked with a switch to Barcelona last summer.
It has now emerged that the Portugal international is at the top of the French giants wanted list this summer, according to Le Parisien.
As well as the City ace, who has won four league titles under Pep Guardiola, PSG are also said to be interested Tottenham striker Harry Kane and Victor Osimhen of Napoli.
PSG have reportedly identified Bernardo Silva as their priority signing to replace Lionel Messi
Even though Messi has the option of an extra year, he is expected to leave on a free transfer
Messi’s future at PSG has been the subject of much speculation over the last week after he was suspended for taking a trip to Saudi Arabia.
French media reported that Messi had been suspended for two weeks after making the trip when he was supposed to train with the squad the day after the Ligue 1 leaders’ 3-1 defeat to Lorient last month.
Messi apologised to PSG and his teammates last Friday and was left out of the squad for their 3-1 win at second-bottom Troyes two days later.
He was below par on Saturday as PSG bulldozed past Ajaccio 5-0.
At the Parc des Princes, the crowd jeered when Messi’s name was announced in the line-up and the Argentinian was booed when he first touched the ball.
It comes as Barcelona president Joan Laporta said he will do everything in his power to bring Messi back this summer.
He told Jijantes FC: ‘We are already working on next year’s team. We hope to be able to reinforce the team.
‘We are in an austerity plan at the club to be able to have enough fair-play to allow us to improve the team.
‘We are doing our homework to be able to have an even more competitive team next season.’
Silva has previously admitted that he is keen on starting a ‘new project’ away from City.
With Silva’s contract expiring in 2025, Man City could take advantage of any offer from PSG
‘I’m very focused on this season and it doesn’t make sense to talk about leaving because we’re in the middle of the season,’ Silva told Portuguese outlet Record.
‘I’m 28 years old, I’ll be 29 in the summer, and I have two more years on my Manchester City contract. My contract would end at 31.
‘I won’t hide that my goal in the coming years, if something good happens elsewhere, will probably be to move to a new project.’
With his contract expiring in 2025, Man City could take advantage of any offer from PSG during the summer transfer window.
Source: Read Full Article