‘Work hard in silence and be ready for whatever happens next’: Jack Wilshere speaks out after West Ham enter talks with former Arsenal midfielder over CANCELLING his £100,000-a-week deal
- Jack Wilshere says he has continued to ‘work hard’ during pre-season training
- Wilshere is in talks to cancel his West Ham deal, which has 10 months to run
- The 28-year-old earns £100k per week and has played just 18 games for the club
- The midfielder confessed West Ham move has not gone to plan after Arsenal exit
Jack Wilshere has sent a message to supporters amid reports he could cancel his £100,000-a-week contract at West Ham.
The 28-year-old has 10 months left to run on his current deal and the club are looking to cut that short as they plan to raise transfer funds.
In the meantime, Wilshere insists he has continued to ‘work hard’ in pre-season and has taken to Instagram to reassure Hammers fans of his commitment to the club.
Jack Wilshere has broken his silence amid reports his West Ham contract will be cancelled
He posted: ‘Work hard in silence and be ready for whatever happens next.’
The former Arsenal star joined the club in 2018 as a free agent on a lucrative three-year contract, but injuries have limited hiim to just 18 appearances.
Wilshere admitted earlier this year that his time at West Ham has been unsuccessful.
Talking to Stadium Astro, he said: ‘It hasn’t worked out for me, I’ll be honest. It hasn’t gone the way I wanted it to, I’ve missed too much football, I haven’t played enough games.
Wilshere featured in West Ham’s 2-1 pre-season victory over Brentford last month
Manager David Moyes (left) is desperate to raise extra funds to use in the transfer market
‘I want to get back on track, get my career back on track, get playing games week-in, week-out and start to feel like a footballer again.’
West Ham had hoped to sell the former England international but with no offers forthcoming they are now prepared to reach a compromise agreement with Wilshere to release him.
The Hammers saw an offer offer of up to £28million for Burnley’s James Tarkowski rejected on Thursday and are contemplating whether to go back again or move on to other options.
The controversial sale of Grady Diangana to West Brom has helped raise funds for David Moyes, who is determined to sign a centre-back and full-back before the transfer window closes on 5 October.
Share this article
Source: Read Full Article